Monday, October 12, 2009

Ibra Interview(Click Here)


“I do not like the idea of being second, third or fourth. To me this means being last. Either I am first or nothing at all,” sums Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the FC Barcelona striker, when trying to explain why his character is a winner’s character. In an interview with the magazine Barca, Ibrahimovic recalls how his origins have marked him, at a time when he was developing his talent on the field of play. The son of a Bosnian father and Croatian mother, Zlatan grew up in a modest quarter of Sweden.

In Rosengard, the Barca number ‘9’ began forging his strong personality, saying, “In life you have to keep strong and not let anyone step on you. If you respect me, I will respect you. I like people who speak unambiguously and tells it like it is”. Starting his career in the modest Swedish football, it was followed with a journey with Ajax before further consolidating his credential in the competitive ‘calcio’ with Juventus and Inter, and now Ibrahimovic has reached his fourth league. When he speaks of his last team and the differences it has with Barcelona, it is obvious to Ibrahimovic. “At Inter, there were not so many players who can make a difference. When one was not well, the match will be difficult. But at Barca, even if one were to be out, there are others that can make a difference and we win. That’s what makes Barca a great team”.

Based on goals scored and assists, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has ended the comparisons with Eto’o debate. “He has done a very good job at Barca and I have great respect for everything that he has done,” says the Swedish footballer. “He is one of the greats but it doesn’t pressure me to replace him. Quite the opposite, it is an incentive for me. But I think we cannot be compared because we are so different,” he adds. Having trained under Koeman, Capello, Mancini and Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic is said to have adapted to the new system of Guardiola smoothly. “He explains to you very well what he wants from you and asks you what you like best, what you want to do … You can always have a very open dialogue. His winning mentality is like mine. And like Guardiola, I like to win with grace and with a beautiful game, and he tells you this very specifically,” he clarifies.

With five goals in the first five league matches, Ibrahimovic has joined the club’s history as the best debutant scorer, but he says he just wants to live up to the traditions of being aBarca number ‘9’. “I remember the times of Romario, and of Ronaldo, who is one of the best players of all time. For me the most complete footballer in history. Players like Stoichkov, Ronaldo, Romario, Eto’o … All have done extraordinary things for the fans. I too want to leave my mark with the club,” he declared, ending the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment